May 12, 2023
How to Choose the Best Blush Stick: A Beginner’s Guide
A blush stick is a must-have in your beauty bag. It’s a simple way to brighten up your face and makes a huge difference! The right color can make you look full of life.
However, picking the right blush stick is hard. There is a fine line between an authentic blush and looking like you’re about to perform at the circus. We will explain how to best apply face blush and ensure you have the right product for you.
There are two main things to consider with blush:
- How to choose the right color
- How to apply it in a natural way
This simple guide works for makeup minimalists and glam enthusiasts alike. In order to know which color blush stick is for you, it’s best to find out your skin tone. That’s the secret.
It’s hard to choose between all the different kinds of blush. There are so many choices, from pallets to chalk. We think blush sticks are clear winners due to how simple they are to carry and apply.
How to Pick the Right Color for Blush Makeup
Skin is our canvas for makeup. It's like knowing what you are drawing on before choosing a paintbrush, pencil or oil pastels. If you want a glow blush, check this out:
If you have a fair skin tone, the goal should be to accentuate the skin rather than overdo it. You can tell if your skin is fair by wearing white clothes and seeing whether you have a more rosy or yellow hue. A yellow hue will mean you have a warm skin tone.
Fair skin tones should opt for softer colors to accentuate the light tones. Any variation of baby pink will work best for this.
Warmer skin tones look better with a face blush that has more of an orange or yellow hue. This matches the skin and mimics the look of having been in the sun for a little while. This means any kind of tangerine color is perfect for fair skin tones.
How to Apply Blush Stick? Where Do I Apply Blush to My Face?
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to make sure you get the best out of your blush stick. Remember to start with a small amount and build up color as you see fit.
- Your skin is an art canvas. Make sure it’s clean and moisturized before applying anything
- Apply your usual foundation and concealer. This will leave a smooth surface for you to add the blush to.
- Swipe the blush stick on the apples of your cheeks. (Pro tip: smile in the mirror and apply the blush to the roundest part of your cheek for a natural glow).
- Next blend the blush with your fingers or a brush. Apply it directly and blend the blush into your skin. Blending upwards can make it look most natural. If you want to use your fingers you can, a sponge or a brush are also acceptable.
- Add some powder to the end of the blush stick and shade it in if you want the blush to last longer.
What Are the Benefits of Vegan Face Blush Makeup?
Aside from reducing animal suffering, vegan face blush also has many advantages for you and your skin while still making you look vibrant.
Firstly, vegan collagen gives volume to your skin and provides essential nutrients for its long term health and radiance. Hippophae Rhamnoides fruit will also assist by providing vitamin C.
There are also fewer irritants in vegan blush makeup. The plant based essential oils and other ingredients compliment the skin rather than damage it.
Now you know how to apply a blush stick as the finishing touch to your makeup routine! Your face blush is just as important as any other part of your makeup, so remember to keep a blush stick handy at all times.